Posted to rec.woodworking
Wade Lippman Wade Lippman is offline

Default Screws vs dowels

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 29, 8:26 am, "Toller" wrote:
"FoggyTown" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 29, 3:15?am, "Toller" wrote:

I expect you are mistaken. They often have exposed tenons, but no
furniture
features conspicuous plugs or dowels. Are are are simply ugly.

I have quite a few pieces of Stickley which have, in addition to
exposed tenons, visible tenon-pin dowel ends, some of which are of
contrasting wood. Also some with visible dowel pins in corbels. All of
these dowel ends are prominent - no attempt was made to match grain.
It's a feature of A&C furniture.

Right, and poor handling is a feature of the Ford Focus I rented last week.
All that matters is that you are happy with the poorly made furniture.