Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

Yep, you keep saying that. But it looks exactly like what I would
expect a grill to do.

It does, but the railing seems to contradict that. If the grill was on one
side or the other, you'd expect the coloring to be more on that side. This
seems too centered over the rail. Then you have the bottom strip on the
right that seems discolored also.

The siding looks as though it is not just discolored, but also deformed.
That suggests heat more than solvent, but some solvents will soften and
allow a plastic to move. But the long time lag suggest it was not.

I think we need to see a piece of the siding in person.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/