Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:00:11 -0500, dpb wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:39:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

Oren wrote:
The Lift-Off product he used to clean up the over spray lists "trade
secret ingredients", plus Acetone. Not sure what the secret stuff
would do :-))

Send in the black helicopters, no doubt...
Hidden away somewhere, no doubt. We will/may never know if this was
chemical damage; by not knowing what was used in clean up :-/

I already "know" -- no chance!

I hope the OP posts pics of the open wall.

Me, too...but I'm pretty sure I know what it's going to show.

Tell me first, I can't wait!!

Illegal electric box in the wall?

You can trust me I'm from the government :-)))

You obviously weren't following earlier...

I'm on the "outside heat source" camp. The inside of the wall is just
fine but since I can't see it close up to confirm what I'm almost 100%
sure the pictures show and the one picture of the sheathing isn't
conclusive, I've been forced to recommend to OP to at least cut back the
Tyvek to see and probably if it isn't clear to him for absolute certain
cut the entry to ensure it.