Posted to alt.home.repair
Guy Noir Guy Noir is offline

Default Rewire 220v to 110v Color question

Question: I have installed central air and I no longer need to 220v
window AC outlets.

They are wired with romax and the colors of the conductor insulation
are Black, Red, and White.
With the current cost of copper, I hate to replace these runs.

Standard color codes are of course black, white, copper/gnd. If I
rewire this for 110v what colors should I put where? I read somewhere
in the code that you can re-identify a cable with colored tape (green
for instance for the wire used for ground)

So, should I use black-hot white-neutral and red-green taped at each
end for ground? Does this meet NEC code or at least come close??

Thanks in Advance, as always!!

-A