Posted to alt.home.repair
coffee[_2_] coffee[_2_] is offline

Default Yellow Jackets

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:11:39 +0000, M Q wrote:

I have a bit of a yellow jacket problem. Through luck, I managed to find 3
yellow jacket nests near the back of my house, which I have eliminated
(the nests, not the house!), yet the yellow jacket traps that I have still
keep filling up. And there still seems to be plenty of yellow jackets
buzzing around whenever we try to have a meal outside.

1) Do the yellow jacket traps actually trap a significant portion
of yellow jackets, or are they just to keep homeowners busy and lighten
their wallets?

2) Is there a better way? Either some way to find the nests, or
else some poisoned bait that they take back to their nests? (I know
there is slow poison bait for ants that they supposedly
take back to their nets.)

I just finished an episode with a hornet nest (rather large) in my front
lawn. I had a problem with moles and the bees found the holes to be a
great place to start a nest. They had 4 holes to the nest. I went down to
HD and bought some sevin-5 and basically filled the holes with it. That
was on a saturday and today (sunday) I see only about 3 or 4 flying around
looking to get into the nest and thats it.

Im interested in hearing anyone elses view on sevin-5 also. I looked it up
on the internet and alot of people tend to use it.

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534