Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hooray for Mom&Pop

"C & E" wrote in message

I hope that now you don't see their 'hovering' as threatening but
accomodating. Yea, it can be annoying but all I do is tell them that I'm
thinking and will find them when I need help. They know theri own store,
after all. No flame intended, rj

It is a fine line between being there to help, or to make you feel you are
being watched so you don't shoplift.

Some days I like to browse and take my time deciding on the 29¢ blue widget
or the $2 chrome one. Today, I went to Staples and a sales person offered to
help. I knew exactly what I wanted but was not sure where they were. I was
out of the store in two minutes with my items, two of which were on closeout
that he pointed out to me.

He also gave me a good tip. While walking to the front of the store, I
mentioned that I bought five 4 line phones last week, but two had to be
returned as defective. Not a good track record. He suggested buying a
service policy for $10, then I could return any one of the phones in the
next year. That was a good deal.

The phones are in our temporary offices though, and I certainly hope we are
back in a few weeks. This is why we had to move
http://www.telegram.com/article/2007...707220485/1116