Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boeing Surplus is closing - how sad

"F. George McDuffee" wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:25:45 +0800, David R Brooks
wrote:

Wally wrote:
It's been awhile since I'd been there, the selection of goodies the
last couple times was disappointing. I got to talking to one of the
Boeing people there and he agreed. He says, "we don't build anything
anymore, we just assemble". Then he told me they were closing up in
September.

Does that mean the vital parts will now be made in China? Hmm...

==========
Wrong tense -- should be "are being" and not "will be."

google on boeing china for about 3.2 mill hits.

for quick info click on
http://www.boeingchina.com/en/index.htm
http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices.../boechina.html
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/FI03Ad05.html

FWIW -- wide body aircraft was supposed to be one the segments
that America would dominate in the brave new world economy and
would replace those nasty textile and electronics assembly jobs
we were exporting, with higher wages and better working
conditions.

Another example of a transnational corporation that was once
American doing well, while the Americans take it in the shorts.

So, who needs terrorists to bring down a plane? Just build it in a
chinese sweatshop and let it fall apart on its own?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida