Ben Edgington

Default Soot in Loft / Earlex Combivac

(Wideass) writes:
Does anyone have first hand experience of this sort of job? Does much
soot get blown about by vacuuming? I assume that soot is not
considered an "explosive dust" (Earlex say not to use the Combivac
with coal dust).

I did this a few years ago. Not sure it was soot, though. There was
a thick layer of black dust throughout the loft, but I assumed it was
slate-dust from the roof. How would soot get up there? Anyway, i
removed it because it was somehow leeching through the ceiling giving
a nice stripey effect.

The Earlex was fine for the job. But I recommend ear defenders. It
is the noisiest DIY tool I possess. And wear a dust mask.

Ben

--
Ben Edgington
Note that email to