Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default pistols OTO was burning copper bridges

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:52:35 -0400, Wes wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Average shooting is 3.5 rounds and inside 21 feet.

And how long does it take to go 21 feet?

That is how short a time that someone has to determine friend or foe, fight
or flight.

That is also why knives can beat guns.

Wes

You are of course referring to the Turring Drill...where a fellow
stands, weapon holstered and is charged by a fellow with a knife from
21 feet. Its an eye opener for those that think handguns are the end
all and be all for self defense.

I keep shooting the knife guy in demonstrations. Not because I can
draw blazingly fast and have reflexes of light speed..but because I
run. As long as I can keep away from the knife guy, and draw my
weapon during the demonstration..he is toast.

Move lateraly, diagnally, back peddle just as fast as you can, drop,
roll and draw. NEVER stand there and take the charge against a knife
guy. He will gut you like a trout. Move move move move!! Movement
is life against someone with a cutting or kinetic weapon. And also
with a firearm.

Keep in mind that only 20 percent of those shot, die from their wound.
So shoot and hit him repeatedly.

Gunner