Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Screws vs dowels

"FoggyTown" wrote in message
I'm starting to construct larger pieces (chests, display cabinets,
night stands, etc.) and I very much like the "arts and crafts" style.
I would prefer adhering to those principles and use dowels instead of
screws as much as possible.

If you really want to adhere to the "principles" of "arts and crafts style",
neither ... traditional mortise and tenon is the way to go, especially for
the larger pieces.

There are some good books out on making Arts and Crafts pieces, the "Shop
Drawing" series by Robert Lang is a good place to get a sense of traditional
construction for this style.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07