Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boeing Surplus is closing - how sad

I'm know what you mean. Sad indeed.

I have some endmills and what not from a JEDEC meeting up north
and I got to drive down on an off day and shop. It was interesting
when I checked into the airport - had 1" down to 3/16" endmills
in my briefcase. The airport guy was understanding on the strange
looking stuff.

When the wing started to be built overseas - that was the death nail.
Seems like I heard Kansas is building just not in Washington.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Wally wrote:
It's been awhile since I'd been there, the selection of goodies the
last couple times was disappointing. I got to talking to one of the
Boeing people there and he agreed. He says, "we don't build anything
anymore, we just assemble". Then he told me they were closing up in
September.