Posted to alt.home.repair
Saucer Man Saucer Man is offline

Default Window Opinions (Silverline, Peachtree, Thermastar)

Thanks for the info. My current windows are leaking air so the company is
going to pay for replacements and installation. I am still leaning towards
the vinyl-clad Peachtree but it is not set in stone yet.

--

Thanks.

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Saucer Man" writes:

I am looking at either ...

1) Silverline 3000 Series vinyl (the same as Home Depot's American
Craftsman
3000 series)

2) Peachtree 300 Series vinyl-clad

3) Thermastar vinyl from Lowes

Does anyone have experience with these new construction windows? I am
leaning towards the vinyl-clad because they look more solid and better
built. However, the Silverline has a lot of weather-stripping that I
like
also. Opionions and facts are welcome! Thanks.

I have a Silverline garden window.
I can't compare it to any other garden window
but I can say something about the warranty service.

All in all, I love the window. The appearance is good and it
doesn't let any cold in. After the second winter 2 of the panes
cracked. I can't explain why, they weren't hit by anything and
the window looks like it was mounted correctly.

Silverline has a lifetime warranty on the windows.
For a fee they will send out someone to replace the panes.
All you pay for is labor. I opted to do the replacements
myself so it didn't cost me a cent.

One of the broken panes was operable so replacing that was
a breeze. The other was a fixed pane. Silverline explained
the procedure and I was impressed with the way the window
was put together. It was few hours work but now the window
is as good as new. A few years have passed with no further
problems.

I love vinyl windows and I'm always impressed when a
company stands behind it's product.