Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default insulation question

No! No!

I would put the vapor barrier to the ground in this application,
not up.. This would allow a combination of dead air and
insulation if you staple the flanges on the joist bottoms. A
layer of chicken wire would prevent bagging and critter damage.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I am digging out my crawl space. Want to insulate between the
floor joists. The joists are 2x6's 24 inches on center. In many
places I will be 'sistering' another 2x6 along side. What do you
do in these oddball spaces. Do you trim the 22"± insulation to
size or do you just cram it in.

Also, since I am doing it from beneath, what are my alternatives
for holding the insulation in place. I would like to use
paper-backed and will be installing it 'paper-up' preventing me
from using a stapler.

All ideas and criticisms welcome!!

Ivan Vegvary