Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default pistols OTO was burning copper bridges

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:58:39 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

A little point shooting practice at 7 feet or so would be a good idea also.
That is the real world distance your lovely wife might need to use it at.

My favorite handgun is my Security Six target model. Short of a squib that
ties up the cylinder, I'll take the revolver for the first 5 to 8 rounds
depending on model every time.

I seem to recall reading that the FBI determined that gunfights
usually last around two to three rounds, total. Between the bad guy,
you, the kid down the street, passing strangers, on average, there will
be three rounds fired in all. So a revolver works well enough.
OTOH, there are the outliers, which require more shots. So you have
to consider that as well. Are you the unlucky sort to find yourself in
the 95%? Are you two sigmas to the right when things happen? If so,
you might want to consider speed loaders, or something which holds more
ammunition. Or a change in life style which will minimize your exposure
:-)

pyotr

Average shooting is 3.5 rounds and inside 21 feet.

That half round must be interesting.,,,

Gunner