Posted to alt.home.repair
spam disintegrator spam disintegrator is offline

Default mortar bed under bathtub dry time

I'm installing a Sterling Plumbing Vikrell tub and surround. The
instructions mention putting an *optional* mortar bed under the tub.
At first I wasn't going to do this, but after having the tub set in
somewhat temporarily, I have changed my mind.

The tub came with a small sheet of landscaping fabric / felt fabric to
put between the subfloor and tub to prevent squeaks etc, but i still
hear an occasional noise. So, before I put the tub in permanently, i
think i'm going to put in the mortar bed.

This our only full bath. How long do we need to stay out of the tub
until the motar is set well enough to stand someone bathing in the
tub? I'd like to have an idea of how long we might have to shower at
relatives houses until ours is usable again.