Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Nie Tom Nie is offline

Default Beginner's Note

Mac
Around here 4whln means going up the side of a mountain And through
streams and mudholes.

I couldn't live without woods. This place is 5 acres of solid hardwoods and
just a few pines.

When I finish this I'm going to the shop to turn some spindles for a guy who
restores antiques.

TomNie
"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:08:10 -0400, "Tom Nie" wrote:

Fantastic. Just last weekend 4wheeling in the WVA mountains for the first
time with my nephews and some friends. Unreal! Most say I'm nuts but I say
I'm a 65yr old going down in flames Most exciting thing I've done since
running Chattooga III and Bulls Sluice in an open canoe (Deliverance
river).

Good for you!
We have a local AARP 4x4 group here and they do desert runs every
weekend...
(I think that if they ever give a senior discount here, it will start at
about
80)

Before that up and down Shenandoah and the Blue Ridge Parkway in the
convertible for a week. Before that canoeing and trout fishing off the
Parkway for another week near Blowing Rock. Fun summer.

Wow... you get any woodturning in anymore??

Aug 1st I go on Medicare!! God, it doesn't seem possible.

I qualify for SS in a little over the year... birthdays are GOOD for
you...
The more you have, the longer you live....

Have you finished your move? Pictures I saw sure didn't look like the
forests I've got around here.

We moved in October... house is almost finished now.. lol
You know, the only thing I miss living here is the trees... I guess I took
redwoods and oak for granted until I moved...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing