Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default jointer necessity question

In article , Renata wrote:
I currently possess no jointer and only miss it occasionally.

I'm on and off as a woodworker, and mainly seem to do kitchen cabinets
and such (i.e. plywood, w/solid trim out). (The never ending
kitchen... pics coming soon - I hope).

I keep thinking I'll find time (and one day I will!) to expand my
horizons.

So, whadya think about acquiring an 8" jointer, used, made in usa? I
fear these might become a rarity, and I'm not too happy with the
chinese crap i've gotten - even delta's x5 line.

Idea being, I _might_ need it one day (right?) and it may not be
available except as chinese junk.

If it's in good shape, and you have the money to buy it and the space to store
it, snap that puppy right up. You'll be surprised at how useful it turns out
to be.

--
Regards,