Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Dent in Microbore

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:29:05 -0000, mused:

On 26 Jul, 21:13, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is an idiot question but ...

I've currently got a plasterer in doing the bathroom, for which I've
removed the radiator. The said plasterer has managed to bend the
microbore so there's a significant dent in it. I've straightened it
out but there is still a significant 'kink'.

Besides being annoyed, should I be concerned about this before
pressurising the heating (Combi/sealed system).

Just trying to prevent an idiot mistakes on my behalf.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
JohnH

I would replace the damaged section. Is it a major job eg tiled floors etc?

Adam

Thanks Adam,

Unfortunately, it would require lifting a tiled floor + skirting
boards etc...in addition I've never solder pipes, I'm a compression
fit only sort of DIYer.

Get a plumber in to do the repair with soldered joints, send the bill
to the plasterer.
--
Regards,
Stuart.