Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter beecrofter is offline

Default Sharpened Chain cuts just fine!

On Jul 26, 6:51 pm, "Toller" wrote:
A few weeks ago I posted a question about my cheap chainsaw not cutting.
Several of you said the problem was largely a dull chain.
I had it sharpened, and while a larger bar would be nice, it cuts pretty
good.

I also made a stand to keep the wood being cut out of the dirt; maybe it
will stay sharp a while.

Biggest mistake beginners make is trying to sharpen with worn out
files.
Buy a file the proper size and you get maybe a half dozen sharpenings
from it and it's done.
Make sure to take a stroke or two each time you fuel or oil.
Keeping sharp is easier than getting a beat to death chain back in
condition.