Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Sharpened Chain cuts just fine!

"Toller" wrote in message
A few weeks ago I posted a question about my cheap chainsaw not cutting.
Several of you said the problem was largely a dull chain.
I had it sharpened, and while a larger bar would be nice, it cuts pretty
good.

I also made a stand to keep the wood being cut out of the dirt; maybe it
will stay sharp a while.

Keeping it out of the dirt will definitely help! Also, the type and
condition of the wood will affect the chain as well.
I find wet wood wears out a chain faster than dry wood. That being said,
anytime I use the chainsaw, I sharpen the chain and if I'm
running it for more than a few hours, I sharpen during a lunch break as
well. Takes only minutes to sharpen and sure makes a difference. It's a
good skill
to learn and easy as well.
Cheers,
cc