Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default WAS OT - Burning Copper Bridges, now OT- S&W 637

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

I just bought my wife a new S&W 637 Airweight 38spl. I've always steered
away from the alloy models just because they didn't "feel right", and I hate
the dinky 1-7/8" barrels. But Maw wanted a "purse-sized" gun, and she
doesn't like those cheezy resin-body automatics any more than I do. Gimme
ARN in my hand!

So, down to the store for the model 637. Oh... she really _liked_ the $200
Crimson View laser grip, too.

But, know what? It's a _sweet_ little weapon! She was marking paper with
it at 10 yards in about 15 shots (with iron sights... I won't let her use
the laser, 'cause it might not work in combat). And she's never shot
anything shorter than a 4" barrel before.

Lloyd you really married well there.

A little point shooting practice at 7 feet or so would be a good idea also.
That is the real world distance your lovely wife might need to use it at.

My favorite handgun is my Security Six target model. Short of a squib that
ties up the cylinder, I'll take the revolver for the first 5 to 8 rounds
depending on model every time.

Wes