Posted to uk.d-i-y
NickNoxx NickNoxx is offline

Default Alas! the BSI have caught up with me.

Ed Sirett wrote:
Friends.

The BSI have rumbled my bid to democratise the Gas Fitting Standards.

I don't currently have enough personal resources (time and karma) to fight
this one. However my basic idea is that by making available the standards
widely available no dishonest person can use ignorance of the standards to
trade dishonestly. A tactic that is favoured by some of the larger
companies as as well as the shabby end of the independent sector.

Would someone like to host the standards for a while? My guess is that it
will take some while perhaps a year or so before they are on to you and
then you can delete them and so on.

The amount of data is under 10Mb. The typical bandwidth is about 150 Mb
/month.

Alas, I will be sending an email back to the BSI to say I have removed the
Standards from my web site.

Why not set up a website using dummy information on one of the free
sites like http://www.freehostyou.com/