Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Frig trouble

"SteveB" wrote in
news

"hankus" wrote in message
Friday when I left to go on a trip I took some stuff out of freezer
of frig in garage BUT upon return Tues PM found freezer door half
open (bottle shifted and door opened?) and much defrosted.Frig will
turn on but no cold air comes out.I now have frig off and plan to
uncover panel to check fan.Is this the most likely first step?

--
Thanks
Hank

While you are in there, take either a vacuum with a pointy attachment,
or a compressed air gun and blow out all the gook. That needs to be
done every six months, but no one does it.

Steve

Spawns a new question. I've seen in stores where they have a looooong
thin brush that will fit between the coil layers and attaches to your
vacuum. Looked like a good idea. Anyone ever use one?