Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:39:49 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ecnerwal quickly quoth:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Ditto the iron bacteria here in GP. I can run a fresh cup of water and
it turns from perfectly clear into rusty brown in about half an hour.
Strange.

Not iron bacteria. Clear Water (dissolved) Iron - a different problem.
There are a variety of water-softener-like systems to remove that -
small amounts can be removed with a normal water softener. Greater
amounts will plug one up. Large amounts can be removed by aerating (or
chlorinating, which also works for the bacteria, but in the case of CWI
is serving to oxidize) and settling/filtering.

I'd rather drink my clean (and clean-tasting) ruddy water than
chlorinate it and end up with that **** they get in the city which
reeks of fish **** and chlorine. Egad!

- Metaphors Be With You -