Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:33:41 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl
Townsend" quickly quoth:

I tried drip for ten years. It was HORRIBLE. I have a very high iron
content. There's an iron bacteria that forms a soft flake that plugs
emitters. There was a bit over ten miles of pipe and 10,000 emitters.
Something was always broke/plugged.Went through all kinds of emitters,

Ditto the iron bacteria here in GP. I can run a fresh cup of water and
it turns from perfectly clear into rusty brown in about half an hour.
Strange.

I wondered why all of my emitters were plugging up and now you've
enlightened me. I only have 1/3 acre, so my number is about 100. I
moved to the flag style of emitters from Toro. They're self-cleaning.
Twist the top every month or two and they flush themselves. I do it
occasionally, every tenth check of the garden or so.

Hmm, iron bacteria. Is that on topic?

--
Love the moment, and energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
-- Corita Kent