Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
samson samson is offline

Default Beginner's Note

Hey friends,

Thanks for all the good advice. I have a huge
hardwood pile and many trees on my land to learn,
but the interior to our house is knotty pine. I'm
making table legs to match.

The skew worked fine for the notched lines on the spindle.
I made a V cut and then rounded it off a little. It
looks good, esp. after a touch of sandpaper.

The info on the burred edge of the scraper is very
helpful! I'll work on that.

Also, speaking as a beginner, cutting a pummel scared
the crap out of me the first few times I did it. I cut
about 50 more practicing and now I'm more or less ok.

I'm just having a lot of fun learing the lathe.

S.