Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

According to the spec sheets it is suppose to work at
pressures as low as 77 psi (I found different specs/sheets
too). Do they make any changes to the unit for the lower
pressure? I looked over the parts list and I couldn't spot
anything different relating to this. If something could be
changed for lower pressure operation now would be the time
to do it. Dependability would be a worthy trade off I would
think...

The only way to lower the inlet pressure requirement is to use a small gun
and low flow. You need 70 psi at the gun, easy if you're not pushing a lot
of water. I'm pushing 150 GPM, just a bit over the rated capacity of the
unit. This gives a lot of pressure loss in the reel hose. To get 70 at the
gun, I need 110 at the inlet.

Karl