Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Cell Phone - was: ON topic (wow!) OA Welding tank problem

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:02:48 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Yep, I'm always paranoid, that's why I can spend a day working alone in
the woods with a chain saw and a backhoe and no cell coverage and live
to talk about it. My shop is also a separate building 80' from the
house.

Pete C.

SWMBO has a cell phone for emergency use. Once the original contract
ran out, I switched to "pay and talk" @ $10.00/ month. Her current
balance is over $300.00 (15+ hours local call time) after yearly
deduction of $40.00 for emergency road service which we carry for
other vehicles - ours is already covered.
OTOH second son maintains five cell phones - himself, current wife,
two step children (one living 3000 miles away) and step daughter's ex
BF. When his vehicle dies he calls dad to use mothers cell phone for
rescue.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada