Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:34:48 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

How about a few pictures of your current rig while you're
taking measurements. You know how everyone likes to look,
comment, comment, argue after a few pictures

I can do one better. Its an Ag-rain T23A. Here's the parts manual:
http://www.kifco.com/manuals/P21_320/all.html

Backup to the main web page for an overall view.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the model/links.

I just started looking them over, but the brochure states
that the turbine will cause a 10 psi pressure drop. So your
15 psi mentioned doesn't sound all that out of line. See:

http://www.kifco.com/acrobatfiles/23...20brochure.pdf

It is under the "Engine Drive" heading near the top of the
second page.

According to the spec sheets it is suppose to work at
pressures as low as 77 psi (I found different specs/sheets
too). Do they make any changes to the unit for the lower
pressure? I looked over the parts list and I couldn't spot
anything different relating to this. If something could be
changed for lower pressure operation now would be the time
to do it. Dependability would be a worthy trade off I would
think...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b