Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself cavelamb himself is offline

Default ON topic (wow!) OA Welding tank problem

Pete C. wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

Andy Asberry writes:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:47:24 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Allrighty, sold. I'm afraid I don't have any SCUBA gear to trade, I just
started SCUBA in January so I haven't built up a gear surplus yet. I
also use size 10. I'll be down in the Dallas area on Wednesday
afternoon. Send me an email (remove .DOH.) to coordinate.

Pete, thanks for saving me from myself. I did not need a fourth torch.

Me too -- I don't own a torch, and I would have been trying to talk my
brother in law in Dallas into storing it until somebody next passed
through. Wait a minute, my son will be visiting his grandparents in
Ft. Worth on his way home next month (he's currently a co-op at JSC in
Houston)... hmmm, maybe it would have fit in the trunk of his Mustang
(on its side, of course) along with all his worldly belongings....
just as well. *Really* just as well.

OOOoooo....

That brings an ugly thought to mind.

Pete, do you have a way to transport the tanks safely.

I have laid them down on side before, but got properly rear reamed
afterwords. Along with a scary explination of the hazzards involved.

I don't want to screw up the deal, but Im sure you don't want to
blow up your car, either!

Richard

As far as I know, horizontal is perfectly fine if the cylinders are
properly capped and secured, and the acetylene cylinder is allowed to
sit vertical for at least a few hours or overnight to allow the acetone
to settle back down (rather like the compressor oil in a refrigerator).
At any rate I've got a 1T pickup to put them in, just no ladder rack to
secure them vertical.

Pete C.

Very well.
Just wanted to make sure.