Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

Sounds like you need a booster pump- you're way low on pressure. Most of
the water reels we sell are spec'd with a booster that mounts on the
machine and has automatic controls to shut it off at the end of a run or
if the water supply runs dry. Micro Rain has a stand alone pump available,
don't know about Kifco. Since you would be boosting pressure after the
supply lines, there is no risk of damaging them.

Yea, I've been told this before. I'm sure it would work, but I HATE small
gas engines. You're just buying more problems. They are simply not made to
run 24x7. Now, its working very well to just move the traveler a bunch once
every five hours. Not as uniform, but I get a decent bit of sleep/work
between moves. If this turbine gives more trouble after I get the parts
re-installed, its coming off for good. I am sick of checking it once an hour
to make sure it hasn't stalled again.

Karl