Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:28:46 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

What is your flow rate in gallons per minute, Karl?

150 GPM at 120 PSI - well head. Only losing 5 PSI to line riser. That dang
turbine was/is taking 15 PSI. These numbers go up/down 10 psi depending on
elevation, takes 1 psi for every two feet.

I have all the part numbers lined up for this pump failing. Its getting worn
out. The next pump will do 200 GPM at 120 PSI. If you'd care to donate $9K
to the apple farmer's relief fund, I'll install it next week.

Karl

I probably won't be donating to a relief fund for apple farmers who
have more and better machine tools than I do and spend their winters
fishin' in Florida. Sorry 'bout that. G

I was curious about flow rate as it relates to power and pressure
drop. Your flow rate and pressure drop seem consistent with the
power it sounds like it takes to move the thing around. The 709
watts I calculated previously (based on your torque and speed data) is
consistent with 15 PSI drop and 108 GPM at 100% efficiency.

Oh, and don't forget the undertooled-engineer's relief fund. All
donations welcome.