Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns Carl Byrns is offline

Default Traveling Irrigator drive motor

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
link.net...

Kifco recommends an inlet pressure of 127 PSI for my unit. I only get 100
with turbine in place retrieving hose (108 disengaged). Remove turbine and
I get 115. Unit runs WAY better. AMAZING. I can't go higher pressure on my
plastic underground supply lines. Thus, my query on another way to
retrieve hose.

Sounds like you need a booster pump- you're way low on pressure. Most of the
water reels we sell are spec'd with a booster that mounts on the machine and
has automatic controls to shut it off at the end of a run or if the water
supply runs dry. Micro Rain has a stand alone pump available, don't know
about Kifco. Since you would be boosting pressure after the supply lines,
there is no risk of damaging them.

Karl (spells his name right) Townsend

No he doesn't.

-Carl