Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Default Insecticide

willshak wrote:

on 7/23/2007 9:11 AM JohnnyC said the following:

Good morning.
We have a local bug company come and spray on a summer program for 6
months. It's done as a preventative measure.
Any ideas what the name of the insecticide these guys use? It must be
some sort of general purpose insecticide. It's sprayed around the
foundation of the house, as well as inside. It must be safe for
animals too because of the cats, etc.
I've never had the chance to ask the guy who comes.
Thanks.

Probably Cypermethrin, a synthetic insecticide concentrate that is
non-toxic to humans or animals when dry. Sold under the label 'Demon
WP', for one.

Well make that low toxic to humans, it is probably used 35 times or so
less than T salt at label dosage, but it does kill insects so can be
toxic. Cypermethrin is what I mainly use myself in my business but
actually most companies seem to use the newer generation of pyrethroids
such as bifenthrin, Cyfluthrin and Lambda cyhalothrin.

Lar