Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Ping Robert (nailshooter)

"BillinDetroit" wrote in message

One thing is certain: I'm convinced that HVLP is the ONLY way to go on a
project like this. I can easily see it taking an hour or more, per piece
(4) / per coat (4) to paint this with a brush. And it is unlikely that,
16+ hours later, I would have as high quality of finish as I got in about
5 minutes per coat / per part with the el-cheapo Wagner HVLP gun.

A conventional gun would do the project in the same time since it's all
about getting the right amount of coverage in each coat, but it would
certainly create more overspray... waste. At the prices of some paints (as
you experienced), waste is a very real consideration. Either beats the tar
out of brushing.

--

-Mike-