Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Ignoramus3627 Ignoramus3627 is offline

Default Made machine feet for my Bridgeport -- pix and question

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:49:50 -0400, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

"Ignoramus3627" wrote in message
It depends on how accurate I want to be. Not claiming to be an expert
or anything.

Well, if you had a _really_good_ metrology level, and you _really_knew_ how
to use it, and _really_had_the_time_ to set it that way.... seein' how's the
heat of your hand could jump the bubble half a line...

Lloyd, the machinist levels offer some reasonable degree of accuracy,
I think. Comparable to a dial indicator over a not too much distance.

Anyway, I am sure that you know 100x more about this stuff, than I do.