Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Will drywall hold

Eigenvector wrote:

I've never actually used a moly bolt. I can see how they'd be a
bear to patch and use,

What's so hard?

1. Drill bolt size holes in whatever you are going to put up.

2. Temporarily put against wall and use bolt holes to mark/drill holes
in drywall.

3. Drill holes in DW the diameter of the molly insert

4. Insert mollys

5. Tighten bolt so molly expands behind wall and the collar flange
sets slightly into DW

6. Remove bolts

7. Put bolts through what you want to hang. A washer under the head
may be needed depending on how big a hole you drilled.

8. Screw bolts into molly inserts

If you ever remove your shelf all you need do is swipe a bit of
spackle or DW compound over the sunken collar of the molly. Easier
than fixing a hole from a plastic insert, lots easier than fixing a
large hole from a toggle bolt or the big threaded DW anchors.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...