Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Running computer cables from basement to floor above

On Jul 19, 5:42 pm, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:24:15 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

1. On most new computer systems, you must
press a button on the box to "Power On"

There's likely a setting in the BIOS to make it come on automatically
when power is applied. Then you can use a remote power switch. I have
used such a setup for a couple of years.

I use to use this setting because I had a power strip under the
monitor that has switches for each outlet. It works find except then
the weather is bad and the power cycles on and off. I don't think
using this setting would be a good idea unless you have a UPS.