Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding

Default Made machine feet for my Bridgeport -- pix and question

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:09:12 -0500, Ignoramus23517
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:11:48 GMT, dav1936531 wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:49:02 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

I suggest that you add pads, say 6 X 6 X 1/2" steel, spot drilled for
your leveling bolts. The way your photos show it you have the machine
bearing only on the 1 inch bolts. A bit of vibration and I guarantee
that one or the other of those bolts will abrade their way into the
floor and ruin your careful leveling.

That current set-up he built is going to just rape his concrete floor.
Dave

OK, I found some suitable product, McMaster item 7786T12. These are 2"
diameter, 1/2" thick steel bars. I will mill depressions in them,
maybe 1/8" deep, that would accommodate the 1" rods tp keep them
centered. They cost $2.47 each, which is relatively affordable.

Milling 1 1/6" wide roud holes would ne a nice first application for
the rotary table.

That will work, though simply plunging a 1" endmill in the center is
quicker.

Gunner, who wonders why you have to level a BP in the first place.
All your references will be from the table......