Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself cavelamb himself is offline

Default ON topic (wow!) OA Welding tank problem

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

Stuart Wheaton writes:

Leo Lichtman wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote: And then?

I'm trying to get rid of them...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just went back and re-read your original post. The lease on the
new place you have rented does not allow storage of combustibles or
explosives. Empty the acetylene tank. Oxygen is neither
combustible or explosive. (You may have to argue with some people
about it.)

I'm a little vague on how this will help him sell an O/A rig he no
longer needs. The guy has unneeded gear and wants money, this is not
a tough problem guys. If I was closer I'd throw you an offer. BTW
emptying an acetylene tank of Acetylene will leave you with a tank
full of acetone...which is still highly flammable.

be trying to get rid of the rig because of the terms of the lease (in
which case, solutions that involved keeping the rig seemed
preferable). It was only later that it came out he might just want to
get rid of it anyway.

My bad, guys. Sorry.

No, I don't need them any more.
Yes, the lease at the new house prohibits storage.

No, they won't fit in the boat...
Yes, I hope somebody can get some use of them.

Richard