Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Running computer cables from basement to floor above

In article , NOPSAMmm2005
@bigfoot.com says...
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:43:23 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

How are you connecting your keyboard and mouse? If you're using USB,
you already have the cable you need to have a hub in the room above.

Good point. I don't have one, but I'm still in the 90's with win98
even.

Win98 supports USB, so the solution I mentioned should work (although

Isn't USB limited to 10'? That's not much if you're running between
floors and to several devices.

Yeah, I have USB and I have a USB camera. I'm just not up to having a
hub yet.

They're cheap. I have a couple of nice seven port hubs, the laptop
has three ports, the dock five, and monitor four (and another four
port in the drawer). ;-)

Well, my friend gave me two of them, but I haven't used one yet. They
have quite short cords, too short to use in the basmeent. Maybe
that's why he gave them to me. I think he got one of them for free
somewhere.

There is a maximum length. IMO you'll run into this if you go
between floors.

snip

--
Keith