Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Minimal bottom nib

What is my best choice of drill bit and who, if you know, has them for
yesterday delivery?

I like Lee Valley forstner bits, and in my experience they ship quite
quickly. (However I'm in NY, same state as their shipping warehouse,
but regardless, they process orders quickly).
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,180,42240
I've also found Harbor Freight forstner bits to be not too bad -
obviously not as good as LV's, but really acceptable. May be a good
choice if you're going to grind off the center nib. You could get a
full set of forstners from HF, including a 1 1/2", for a little more
than you'd pay to LV + shipping.
If you're going to be drilling a lot of holes, though, the LV would
definitely be worth it.
Hope this helps,
Andy