Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Shop accident

skeez wrote:

I use surgical gloves from harbor freight. 3 bucks on sale for a box
of 100. if this happens with the gloves they will rip the glove off
without getting your fingers.
also I apply CA with the blue expantion joint material you find on
concrete jobs. not sure what its called but it is a foam plastic type
material and a few feet of it will last for years turning pens. this
stuff doesnt react with the CA. you get a little more working time
too. thats a big plus.

skeez

I sometimes use the blue nitrile gloves from the same source, but
usually only when I am dying the wood (got a NICE macadamia nut cigar
pen dyed purple with the top layer of dye sanded off ... looks like op-art)

Maybe, when the gauze comes off, I'll get in the habit of using them.
They tear so easily around a lathe that I seem to go through them
awfully fast.

Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/22/2007 4:58:03 PM