Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Shop accident

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"BillinDetroit"
(clip(-for reasons as yet unfathomed-(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Paper causes C/A glue to set. I know about the *exothermicity*--I learned
it the same way you did. Spread the stuff with the edge of a card, or a
wood shaving or whatever is handy, but NOT a rag or paper towel wrapped
around your finger--kuz when it takes off, you can see into your future, and
can't do a thing about it.

Ya know ... the REALLY stupid part is that I had been using masking tape
over my fingers just a few minutes earlier on the preceding pen, but had
removed it when it got wet and it just never crossed my mind that I had
removed my protection. It never registered. I was just getting the
dangly part away from the spinny part.

I don't wrap anything around my fingers ... not, especially, a paper
towel that is about to be soaked in CA. But, apparently, the bottle had
been partially plugged and the 'cork' had popped ... leaving me
squeezing too hard on a bottle that was now flowing just fine.

One finger should heal pretty quick ... the other one is going to take a
while. A couple young Brothers have volunteered to cover for me at the
Kingdom Hall this week because there is no way I'm going to be able to
hang on to powered lawn equipment by Wednesday.

I finished up that pen and started another ... the left hand doesn't do
much anyway at the lathe. ;-)

Throbbing today ... but on the mend.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/22/2007 3:23:42 PM