Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur2 Arthur2 is offline

Default DIY disaster

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
k...
The next door neighbour (NDN) who I do not get on with has decided to DIY
a CCTV camera to watch me in my garden.
The guy has never done any DIY before and owns no power tools or ladders.
I expected spectacular results and was not disappointed.

Step 1
A fat bloke on a moped brought NDN a drill around.
Step 2
NDN spent 30 minutes trying to drill into the concrete windowsill outside
the bedroom window.
Step 3
NDN phones fat bloke to say "the ****ing drill is not making a hole". Fat
bloke tells him to turn hammer action on (at a guess as I am not phone
tapping)
Step 4
NDN tries again with the hammer on but he must have also caught the "on"
lock on the drill. After drilling the first hole (10 minutes so not an
SDS) the drill does not stop when he takes his finger off the trigger. NDN
starts shouting for his wife to turn the electricity off as the "****ing
thing won't stop" Wife takes too long to turn the electricity off so he
throws the drill out the bedroom window in a strop. The drill's power lead
creates an alteration to a normal ballistic trajectory and sends the drill
crashing through the lounge window below.
Step 5
The camera is bluetacked to the inside windowsill behind a vase so that I
cannot see it
Step 6
I go to the pub with his other NDN laughing out heads off.

Adam

Would have paid big to see that drill go thru his window.
Reminds me of a friend of mine who was working under his sink with his
dremel.
It had the mini circular saw in the collet and while he was sprawled on the
floor with his
head under the sink he tried to put it on the floor but he didn't switch it
off. The dremel
thing then went on a circular run around his kitchen floor. It came back to
him a couple of seconds later
and hacked a slot in his toe.

Arthur