Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Made machine feet for my Bridgeport -- pix and question

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:10:56 -0500, Ignoramus7760
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:37:33 -0700, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Good idea Ig and well excuted.

I would use a jam nut...it will hold.

snip
thanks, the ones I saw at McMaster, in that size, were very expensive.

I welded the nuts, with the allthread studs in them, so that they would
keep some alignment. Which they sort of did, the studs go all the way
in them, but they are tighter than they were to begin with.

By the way, I used a hex collet holder to machine 3/4" hex on the
studs (for sockets and wrenches)

When I did my weight bench, I welded 3/4 hex heavy nuts on square
tube, knowing the nuts would shrink from the welding. I just ran a
tap through after welding.

Pete Keillor