Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Kitchen remodel mistake

wrote in message
oups.com...
"I've made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it. I've
removed a wall to enlarge my kitchen, which turned out fine. But then
I removed 24 inches from the wall that intersected it. The problem is
that the ceiling on the opposite side is vaulted. This leaves a "hole
(for lack of a better word" which screams 'mistake'. I can't think of
how to solve this. If I put back the 24 inches of wall, it will mess
up my kitchen island plan. I need an answer fast. Please paste the
following link into your browser so you can see what I am talking
about. How about soffit or skylight? Help, somebody help me! I'm
desperate and, no, I didn't hire a contractor. No scolding, I already
know. Thank you so much for any ideas or help you can give. Thank you
ever so much!

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=5d7c9fdf.pbw

I would much prefer still pictures so I could study them.

The only view that screamed at me was the one looking in towards the kitchen
where you see the flat ceiling and the slope of the wall. That I think
could be softened with a plant shelf running the length of the wall. That
might also be usable to block the view of the sloped ceiling from the front
of the house towards the back. (or vice-versa)

The view towards the back of the house did not bother me at all.

If you want to post a couple of still pictures in a medium high resolution,
I will try to Photoshop the image to show you what I mean.

Colbyt