Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Kitchen remodel mistake

wrote:
"I've made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it. I've
removed a wall to enlarge my kitchen, which turned out fine. But then
I removed 24 inches from the wall that intersected it. The problem is
that the ceiling on the opposite side is vaulted. This leaves a "hole
(for lack of a better word" which screams 'mistake'. I can't think of
how to solve this. If I put back the 24 inches of wall, it will mess
up my kitchen island plan. I need an answer fast. Please paste the
following link into your browser so you can see what I am talking
about. How about soffit or skylight? Help, somebody help me! I'm
desperate and, no, I didn't hire a contractor. No scolding, I already
know. Thank you so much for any ideas or help you can give. Thank you
ever so much!

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=5d7c9fdf.pbw

The only way I can see to remedy that faux pas, is to extend the
kitchen flat ceiling to the wall, sort of a triangular soffit.
Perhaps you'll add a couple more recessed lights to complete the
pattern. Good luck.
--
Grandpa