Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Boyd Carl Boyd is offline

Default Gas blowtorch: safe, or not?

The first time you dop this, have a garden hose nearby, and it would be

good
to have another person with you as well. The worst thing you can do is

have
gasoline spray on your hands and clothing from a leak, and then catch

fire.

One of my first memories as a child was seeing this happen to my dad while
he was using one of these gas blow torches to strip paint off the siding of
our house. He jumped off the scafold and rolled on the ground to put the
fire out. Years later, when he later told me what to do if my clothes
caught fire, "stop, drop, and roll", I took him at his word having seen it
demonstrated.

Carl Boyd