Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Welding & frying electronics on the welded item

I need to reinforce a guard on the mower deck of my zero turn mower
(Grasshopper 52" w Kohler Command engine). I'll probably take the
battery out just because I have to tip it up at a 45º or steeper angle
to get to the underside easier and I don't want to take a chance of
the battery leaking. I'll probably clamp the ground on the deck not
far from where I'll be stick welding. Do I need to do anything
special to keep from frying any electronics on the mower?

If I were welding on a car, what do you do to prevent ruining
electronic devices?

Correct the email address if you want to reply off line.

RWL